What are the types of fabrics for fabric sofas?
The most commonly used sofa in our lives is the fabric sofa. The fabrics of fabric sofas on the market are mainly these types: cotton, polyester, nylon, polyester-cotton blended, high-density NC cloth, 3M waterproof mousse cloth, flannel.
1. Cotton: It is a fiber taken from cotton seeds. It is processed into cotton yarn by picking, ginning, carding, splicing, combing, roving, worsted spinning, and then turning cotton yarn into cotton fabric. It is one of the essential fabrics for fabric sofas. One.
Advantages: strong moisture absorption-cotton fiber is a porous material, the internal molecular arrangement is very irregular, and the molecules contain a lot of hydrophilic structure.
Warmth retention-cotton fiber is a poor conductor of heat, and the inner cavity of the cotton fiber is filled with stagnant air.
Comfortable to wear---no static electricity, good air permeability, anti-sensitivity, and easy to clean as a sofa cover.
Disadvantages: easy to wrinkle---cotton fiber is less elastic.
Large shrinkage rate-cotton fiber has strong water absorption. When it absorbs water, it will expand the cotton fiber, causing the cotton yarn to shorten and deform.
2. Polyester fabric (synthetic fiber): Synthetic fiber is made of polymer compounds. Polyester is one of them. It is also called polyester fiber.
Advantages: high strength, strong abrasion resistance, good elasticity, and strong heat resistance, so this fabric is often used in business fabric sofas.
Disadvantages: The lack of hydrophilic structure between molecules, so the moisture absorption is extremely poor, and the air permeability is also poor.
3. Nylon fabric: The scientific name of polyamide fiber is the general name of polyamide fiber produced in China. Also called "Nylon" and "Nylon".
Advantages: strong, good abrasion resistance, ranking first among all fibers. Its abrasion resistance is 10 times that of cotton fiber, 10 times that of dry viscose fiber, and 140 times that of wet fiber. Therefore, its durability is excellent. Nylon fabric has excellent elasticity and elastic recovery, but it is easy to deform under a small external force, so its fabric is easy to wrinkle during wearing.
Disadvantages: poor ventilation and easy to generate static electricity.
4. Polyester-cotton blended fabric: refers to the general term for blended fabrics of polyester and cotton, which is a textile made of polyester and cotton blended yarns in a certain proportion.
Advantages: It not only highlights the style of polyester but also has the advantages of cotton fabrics. It has good elasticity and abrasion resistance in dry and wet conditions, stable dimensions, low shrinkage, and has a tall and straight, not easy to wrinkle, easy to wash, and quick-drying Features;
Disadvantages: Can not use high temperature ironing and boiling water soaking.
5. Flannel fabric: After brushing, the surface of the cotton fabric is rich and fluffy. Through the pinhole plaiting process on the surface of the cloth, it produces more fluff, strong three-dimensional effect, high gloss, and soft and thick to the touch.
Advantages: delicate and soft hand feeling, no deformation and no fading, good color rendering effect, more suitable for groups who need DIY custom fabric sofa.
Disadvantages: poor air permeability.
Different sofa fabrics have different advantages and disadvantages. You can choose to buy different fabrics according to actual market needs.